In today’s episode we are welcoming John Watkis, the voice you cannot forget. His dulcite voice and commanding presence is taking the world by storm. John Watkis is an award-winning performer, voiceover artist, professional speaker, and high-stakes performance coach. He is the author of Speaking Notes: The Eight Essential Elements to Make Your Speech Music to Their Ears, and was the first Canadian-born actor to play the role of Mufasa onstage in the Disney musical, The Lion King.
John’s 2 top tips in professional communications are:
- Play chess when you communicate.
- Use your own stories to stand out and be memorable.
Understand what you want people to remember when they leave your talk. John understands the juxtaposition of the cadence of music and the repetitive nature of the chorus. John is a prolific teacher and speaks to hungry students who are looking to take their speaking careers to the next level. What makes John’s story even more powerful is that he is hearing impaired. Yes, you heard it right, this professional speaker who commands stages and the audience has profound hearing loss.
There are 4 types of hearing loss:
- Conductive Hearing Loss
- Hearing loss is caused by something that stops sounds from getting through the outer or middle ear. This type of hearing loss can often be treated with medicine or surgery.
- Sensorineural Hearing Loss
- Hearing loss occurs when there is a problem in the way the inner ear or hearing nerve works.
- Mixed Hearing Loss
- Hearing loss includes both conductive and sensorineural hearing loss.
- Auditory Neuropathy Spectrum Disorder
- Hearing loss that occurs when sound enters the ear normally, but because of damage to the inner ear or the hearing nerve, sound isn’t organized in a way that the brain can understand.
John is paving the way to encourage anyone with a disability to fight for their dreams.
Learn more about John Watkis here:⬇
GET HIS BOOK SPEAKING NOTES HERE–> THE BOOK
Join Our Community Of “Dragonflies” And Reach For Your Dreams
Follow us on all social spaces @themediacasters
Join The Mediacasters Community FREE for a limited time: https://themediacasters.mn.co
Get our #1 new book release! The book, Audiocasters teaches you how to launch, market, and, monetize your podcast! Get it here!
Podcast website: https://themediacasters.com
Network website, with all our community shows: https://podpage.com/themediacasters